Wednesday 27 June 2012

Olympic Torch!

Wow, what an amazing day I have had!! It's been a long time coming but today finally arrived - my day to carry the Olympic torch!

We travelled to Skegness for the occasion, which is about an hour and a half from home. I was dropped off with the other torchbearers whilst my parents, grandparents, aunt, uncle and cousins went on to the start point.

It was great on the bus travelling to the selected points as everyone was full of enthusiasm and the crowds were really encouraging! I managed to perfect the royal wave quite quickly!!

When I got off the bus to await the torch, I was literally mobbed! Everyone wanted their photo with me and to touch the torch! I felt like a celeb!!

The time soon came for me to start the relay! I was very nervous but excited as well. Once the previous torchbearer kissed my torch I was off!!

My Dad ran nearby to film it with my Grandad trying his best to keep up!! My mum went to the end of the route to catch me handing it on to the next torch bearer!

It went by so quick! The crowds were fab, everyone was getting into the olympic spirit! I hope it continues and that they all get behind Team GB especially the 14 Judoka and the 5 Paralympian Judoka! I've done my bit , It's now their time to shine!!!

1 comment:

  1. Well done Jack, you looked fab with your "Moment to Shine" I bet your Mum and Dad and whole family were extremely proud of you Lynn Griffen (friend of your Mum's) xxxx

    ReplyDelete