Monday 25 June 2012

Kent International and Lincolnshire Show

I've been a busy little bee this week! On Wednesday I was invited to attend the Annual Lincolnshire Show by Lincolnshire County Counil as I am an Olympic Torchbearer and they wanted to have a mini procession of county torchbearers. Luckily they picked the one summers day that we have had - which meant I actually caught a bit of colour!! Was a good day and we ended the day having 'High Tea' with the Chair of the Council - very posh!!

Saturday saw me competing at the Kent International at Crystal Palace in London. Wasn't one of my best days - this nagging cough I have had for 2 months intensified this weekend and I felt that every fight was lasting about an hour! Definately lost a lot of my fitness over the past 2 months - just hope the Doc can discover what is causing it!! Anyway, I ended up with a fancy silver medal - losing out to a Dutch fella (my goodness, they grow them big in Holland!) He towered over me and I'm 5'11!!

Anyway, my Olympic Torch Bearing is on Wed 27th June in Winthorpe near Skegness, so keep a look out on here for lots of grinning pictures of me in my lovely white torchbearers outfit!! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment