Tuesday 5 June 2012

Paralympic Inspiration Programme

 A few weeks ago we got a phone call to say that I had been accepted onto the Paralympic Inspiration Programme. This was a great shock to us all, as we had no idea I had even been nominated!! (Big Thanks to the British Judo Association staff for nominating me!)

The first part of the Programme was the launch at the Paralympic World Cup which I attended 2 weeks ago. It was fantastic and truly inspiring to meet the other athletes and to hear their stories! It was also great to meet another young judo player who is deaf and also visually impaired ! Whilst I had seen him around and about at various competitions I had no idea that he was also VI! I'm looking forward to training more with him in the future and developing coping strategies and techniques with him!!

Can't wait for the next part in August when I get to go to the Olympic Village (When the games are on!!!) and get to learn all about the Paralympics and get to experience the games themselves!!!

Bit of a news report below on the programme.

Watch this space for more info after August!!

http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/Judo-Jack-joining-80-athletes/story-16248172-detail/story.html

No comments:

Post a Comment