Thursday 21 May 2015

IBSA World Games, Seoul, South Korea

I have just come back from 10 days spent in Seoul, South Korea.
The team comprised of myself, Natalie Greenhough, Chris Skelley and Sam
Ingram. Unfortunately Jono Drane could not attend due to injury but he was definitely there in spirit with us!!

We were fortunate that we had a number of days to acclimatise before fighting and so got to go out and about in Seoul and also undertake daily training sessions.

Fight day for me was Friday and I had Robert Anderson USA as my first fight. I beat him comfortably which catapulted me to the semi-final to face Alexander Pasuriak RUS. This is the chap I beat in Hungary to get my bronze! Once again I defeated him which put me in the final
Against his team mate Gaydar Gaydarov RUS. I had not fought him before except in training. He competed at London 2012 so has a good pedigree!

Unfortunately he managed to get a great throw on me, so a silver medal it was for me!

This however is a fab result and will give me a lot of qualifying points for Rio - hopefully securing my selection!!

My team mates also did well with Sam getting silver and Chris getting bronze! Hopefully we will all qualify!!

So it's back to reality for me, I finish college today with just my law A Level exams to take in June then I'm off To Uni!!

I have a hard camp next week in Mongolia to attend and then a camp in Brazil at end of August!! So watch this space for more updates!!





2 comments: